New United Motor Mfg. Inc. is suffering a parts shortage due to a labor dispute that has shut down docks along the West Coast. A plant spokesman says NUMMI’s Fremont, CA, plant could be idled as early as today if it doesn’t receive engines and transmissions, which are imported from Japan. NUMMI, a joint venture between General Motors Corp. and Toyota Motor Corp., builds the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Voltz, a right-hand drive version of the Vibe sold in Asia. It also builds Corolla sedans and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.