CHELSEA, MI – The Dodge Ram SRT-10, touted by the “Guiness’ Book of World Records” as the planet’s “Fastest Production Pickup,” will take its title into retirement this month. Chrysler Group confirms it will wrap up production of the truck with the end of the ’06 model year. Powered by the 500-hp 8.3L V-10 featured in the Dodge Viper sports car, the truck is built at Chrysler’s assembly complex in Saltillo, Mexico. The product simply ran its course, explains Walter F. Scherg, senior ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.