DaimlerChrysler Corp. says the first new ’03 Dodge SRT-4 performance sedan will roll off the assembly line at the auto maker’s Belvidere, IL, plant this December. The SRT-4, built off the Neon platform, will base at $19,995 and be the quickest production vehicle available in the U.S. for less than $20,000 when it hits Dodge showrooms early next year, says Chrysler. The SRT-4 has a 2.4L 4-cyl. turbocharged engine that makes 215 hp and 245 lb.-ft. (332 Nm) of torque.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.