DETROIT – Forget about throwing down the gauntlet – Chrysler LLC is shaking a 380-hp spring-loaded, chrome-plated fist in the faces of its fullsize pickup competitors. Engine enhancements aside, the ’09 Dodge Ram makes new rules for styling and utility, while breaking a rule – a big one – on the engineering front. Chrysler’s flagship truck features a coil-spring rear suspension instead of the time-honored leaf-spring setup that has served pickup owners well for generations. Now, tongues ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.