CHICAGO – Come big or stay home. That’s the advice that the Dodge division of DaimlerChrysler Corp. took to heart as it developed two new powertrains for the heavy-duty pickup market. Dodge introduces two all-new engines for the ’03 Ram 2500 and 3500 pickups here at the Chicago Auto Show. The auto maker demonstrated the power of one of the engines – the 5.9L inline 6-cyl. High Output Cummins turbodiesel – by using it to tow a 50 ft.-by-50 ft. (15 m by 15 m) platform loaded with about 100 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.