BEIJING — Dongfeng-Citroen Automotive Co. Ltd., based in central China's Hubei province, produced 36,240 automobiles in 1998, 20.7% more than in the preceding year, officials say. The automaker sold 33,364 units, registering 19.4% growth. Facing a weak auto market last year, the Sino-French joint venture attributes part of its success to improving quality and after-sale service. The company also introduced new products, including the Citroen 988, a 1.4L passenger car equipped with fuel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.