PHOENIX, AZ — Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. believes it's solved the problem of reduced wet-road traction with worn tires. Expanding tire life and then increasing wet-road performance over that longer life is the challenge for every tire manufacturer. Since the dawn of the industry, tires that were hard enough to stand the test of time wouldn't stick to the road, particularly in wet conditions. And the problem tended to worsen over the life of the tire, as its tread wore down. Firestone ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.