Innovative use of a two-sided timing belt that doubles as an oil pump forms the heart of a simplified lubrication system for overhead cam engines developed in by Diamont Ltd., a small British design consultant. Reduced parts requirements for production economies is cited as one advantage. Another is lower cooling needs, because the high-pressure oil could flow through cylinder coolant jackets as well as drilled galleries. This would speed warm-up, with resultant benefits in cold-start ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.