Dow Chemical Co. and Union Carbide Corp. announce a merger agreement valued at $11.6 billion, creating the world's second largest chemical company, behind DuPont. Under the tax-free, stock-for-stock transaction, Union Carbide shareholders will receive 0.537 shares of Dow for each Union Carbide share they own. The companies expect to achieve annual cost savings of at least $500 million. In addition, the companies say they expect to “significantly reduce per unit costs.” When the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.