DETROIT -- The Filo concept car, developed by Italian vehicle designer Carrozzeria Bertone SpA and SKF Automotive of Sweden, offers the experience of drive-by-wire technology for steering, braking, gear change and clutch in a modified Opel Zafira. SKF is best known as a supplier of bearings, and its Chicago Rawhide subsidiary supplies seals to the auto industry. But SKF also has an electrical division that has supplied fly-by-wire technology to the aerospace industry for 15 years. Filo is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.