The steering wheel is a great invention, but after 100 years with few modifications, it may be time for an upgrade. At least that is the opinion of researchers at SKF Automotive Div. North America. SKF recently showed off the Novanta concept car at the company’s Plymouth, MI, technical center featuring an electronic steering device that hides itself when not in use. Concept car steering wheel stows itself in door when not in use. Yet another device dubbed as a “human-machine ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.