CHICAGO – The lull following the eat-’em-up consolidation craze of the recent past is shaking out a few good apples – even at Ford Motor Co. Top among them: The 6-year-old “P2” sedan platform Ford hopped the pond to grab from its Volvo Car subsidiary. Ford Freestyle Ford Five Hundred Mercury Montego Renamed D3, it now underpins three all-new ’05 products: the Ford Freestyle cross/utility vehicle and the Five Hundred/Mercury Montego sedans introduced to the media here. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.