After two years on the market, BorgWarner Inc.’s innovative dual-clutch transmission (DCT) technology is on the verge of becoming a formidable force in the gearbox sector, as the supplier says it expects to produce several million units annually within three years. The new technology, known internally as DualTronic, enables a manual transmission to perform like an automatic, without the annoying “torque-interrupt” that accompanies conventional manual shifting or single-clutch automated ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.