Johnson Controls Inc., Milwaukee, WI, is proposing to automakers a spiral-wound lead-acid 36V battery coupled with a unique DC to DC non-inductive mosfet-based switching method (without a transformer), which provides 12V at 98% or greater efficiency and with minimal radio frequency and electromagnetic interference (RMI/EMI). The 36V battery (actually three 12V units coupled together) is tapped at each 12V segment such that one third of the time, in rapid sequence, 12V current is provided. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.