DETROIT – Aiming to get in on the ground floor in new safety system development, DuPont Co. unveiled at the SAE 2003 World Congress a new business group that combines more than 60 different product lines into one unit. The move lumps a variety of materials and technologies with safety related applications, such as nylon (air bag covers), Kevlar (structural reinforcement) and engineering plastics (impact-absorbing bumpers and interior pillars) into one centralized organization called the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.