DETROIT – It may appear to be a frivolous item for light trucks and SUVs already brimming with power-operated features of sometimes questionable value – but Dura Automotive Systems Inc. says there may be a genuine need for a power-operated spare tire carrier for light trucks. The auto supplier unveiled one here at the recent Society of Automotive Engineers World Congress. Typical light truck spare wheel, cinched under rear cargo area via a metal cable, would be electrically ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.