NEWARK, DE – Chrysler Group marks the start of production and the culmination of a $180 million investment for the new Dodge Durango SUV at its plant here. The facility, which operates on two shifts and employs 2,284 people, has a production capacity of 606 vehicles per day. The launch of the redesigned Durango production last week represents a significant milestone for Chrysler, which is trying to resuscitate sales via the introduction of 10 new products in ’04. Durango is the first ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.