DEARBORN, MI – Ford Motor Co.’s Duratec V-6 will be mated with the continuously variable transmission (CVT) to be featured in CrossTrainer, one of the vehicles to which the auto maker’s future is inexorably linked. Declining comment on the Cyclone family of V-6 engines currently under development, David T. Szczupak, vice president-powertrain, confirms the choice of engine for CrossTrainer, a crossover/utility vehicle (CUV) known internally as D219. "The D219 will have the 3L Duratec," ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.