As a true-blue believer in free trade I'm about to have my convictions put to the test. Watch out! The pressure is building again to move high-paying American jobs to developing nations, notably India and China. Workers assemble an engine at a GM plant in Jinbei, China. Source after source in the supplier industry tells me that GM and Ford are cajoling them to move more of their operations offshore, especially to China. This is not just to meet their needs in the booming ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.