Lotus Active Valve Train eliminates camshafts, mechanical valve actuation. The U.K.’s Lotus Engineering and valvetrain specialist Eaton Corp., Cleveland, OH, U.S.A., say they have signed a licensing agreement to develop Lotus’ Active Valve Train (AVT) for future transportation-sector production engines. The AVT technology eliminates an engine’s valve-activating camshafts in favor of electrohydraulic actuation that provides infinitely variable timing, lift and duration for each ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.