The European Commission gives the nod to €16 million ($19 million) in Italian aid to Fiat Powertrain Technologies, which will use the money to help fund production of new transmission plant in Verrone, Italy. The EC’s blessing is required in any government funding to ensure other manufacturers operating in the European Union are not being disadvantaged. “In these difficult times, innovating and creating jobs is of utmost importance,” declares EU Competition Commissioner Joaquin Almunia ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.