PARIS – The European Commission is giving the European Union auto industry a stay of execution regarding plans to starve the industry of regional state-aid handouts. There had been plans earlier in the year to place auto makers on a blacklist of industries with “structural difficulties.” Such sectors would be considered largely ineligible for federal state-aid investment funds. The thinking was such subsidies would be “wasted” on industries considered in long-term decline. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.