Advanced vehicle planners worldwide are certain to look closely at Fiat SpA's “Ecobasic” concept car — shown at last week's Geneva motor show — for clues to future design of low-cost vehicles. The Ecobasic combines steel space frame construction with attached plastic panels that do not require painting. Ecobasic's overall length is 137 ins. (348 cm) and weighs just 1,650 lbs. (748 kg). It is propelled by a 1.2L turbocharged common-rail direct-injection (DI) diesel, combined with an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.