Inserting a pivoted lever between the connecting rod's big end and its crankpin enables varying both the cubic displacement and compression ratio of a running engine, and thus optimize its performance according to instantaneous power demand. This is the Variable Motion Engine project unveiled in Britain by the Mayflower Corp. plc, a major international engineering group specializing in auto bodies and related structures. It is the outcome of an ll-year research and development program, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.