Despite the weakening global economy, it’s full speed ahead for Germany’s Audi AG. And why not? While auto makers worldwide are pressuring governments to stimulate market demand or provide more direct financial help, and two of Detroit’s car manufacturers are perched perilously on the edge of bankruptcy, Audi reports record sales and profits for 2008. The performance has the company vowing to bully its way through the global recession by maintaining spending on new products and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.