The average price of a new vehicle has climbed above $30,000 for the first time, says Edmunds.com. Last month the sales-weighted average new vehicle sticker price was $30,481, 2% above November 2003 and 4.6% more than the average new vehicle sticker price in December 2002. The sales-weighted average net price was $26,077 last month, 14% below the manufacturer’s suggested retail price. Edmunds says the average net price has been rising slowly but steadily since July, when it was $24,179, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.