VIENNA – Egypt’s move to slash tariffs on imported cars equipped with engines 1.6L or less is triggering another round of debates over what to do for the nation’s auto industry. Kia has halted assembly of Spectra. The government is reducing tariffs on passenger cars with engines up to 1.3L from 55% to 40% and from 1.3L to 1.6L from 100% to 40%. Import tariffs on car components also have been cut. Media reports say the tariff reduction is aimed at fulfilling Egypt’s obligations ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.