NOVI, MI – The U.S. electrified-vehicle market is poised for a volume explosion, according to a new study, but what has to happen to realize such growth and which obstacles must be overcome depends on whom you ask. The study, conducted by Boulder, CO-based Pike Research, predicts there will a combined 667,000 plug-in-hybrid and electric vehicles on U.S. roads by 2015, reaching 1 million units the following year. Most will be PHEVs. About 43% of consumers queried have an interest in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.