DETROIT – The new Acura RD-X small cross/utility vehicle is a “higher priority” for the brand in the U.S. than a V-8 powered luxury flagship sedan, says Tom Elliott, executive vice president-American Honda Motor Co. Inc. Elliot says although the upcoming RD-X will not do much to improve Acura’s somewhat ambiguous image in the U.S. market, it will drive sales for the luxury brand, which had its best sales year ever in 2004 with 198,919 units. (See related story: Acura RD-X Joins Small CUV ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.