Malaysian national car marker Proton Holdings Bhd. names Mohd Azlan Hashim as its chairman after the surprise resignation of former Chairman Abu Hassan Kendut. Hassan resigned in January protesting what he said was former Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad’s interference in Proton’s affairs. Mahathir, an adviser to Proton, denies he had a hand in the retention of CEO Mahaleel Ariff after Hassan and the Proton board of directors voted to oust him. (See related story: Proton Chairman Resigns) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.