SHANGHAI — The U.S.-based Engelhard Corp. soon will be manufacturing and marketing auto-emission catalysts through a joint venture here. The move comes at a time when China is making an effort to balance economic and auto industry growth with environmental concerns. The new company, Shanghai Engelhard SINOPEC Environmental Technologies Ltd., is 60% owned by Engelhard and 40% by SINOPEC, China's largest petroleum refiner. The JV will begin operations in the Pudong section of Shanghai by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.