DETROIT – Richard Dauch, outspoken head of parts supplier American Axle Mfg. & Holdings Inc., says the entitlements enjoyed by generations of U.S. workers must end for the nation to remain globally competitive in manufacturing. “Eliminate the entitlement mentality that is so pervasive in today’s American culture,” Dauch says during an address at The National Summit here. Dauch, whose company endured an 87-day United Auto Workers union strike last year over the supplier’s demands for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.