ANN ARBOR, MI – A Ford Expedition SUV retrofitted with a diesel-hydraulic hybrid powertrain system patented by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency delivers nearly twice the fuel economy of its conventionally powered counterpart, says the agency. Prototype diesel-hydraulic hybrid is Ford Expedition modified with hydraulic launch assist. The EPA says the hydraulic hybrid, developed jointly with powertrain-engineering specialist FEV Engine Technology Inc., will be unveiled at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.