Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus division sacrificed production of its ES300 sedan in order to accommodate demand for its popular RX300 crossover, car-based sport/utility vehicle, says Lexus General Manager Bryan Bergsteinsson. Production was limited due to engine supply constraints, Mr. Bergsteinsson says. The two models share the 3.0L dual-overhead-cam V-6 with VVT-i, variable valve timing. In 1999, ES300 sales totaled 45,860 units, down 5.7% from 1998. The RX300, in its first full year of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.