American Honda Motor Co. Inc. is unfazed by Ford Escape sales that broke the segment’s calendar-year mark held by CR-V. "Escape is a fine vehicle, but we’ve been in a sell-down mode for six months," a Honda spokesman says, adding CR-V is all-new for ’02. Despite a launch plagued by five recalls, Escape’s 2001 sales are approaching 122,000 units. The previous best 12-month performance by a small SUV was CR-V’s 1999 sales total of 120,754. As of third quarter’s end this year, CR-V sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.