LOS ANGELES – Since the dawn of the former Clinton Admin., we’ve heard plenty about the messianic virtues of hybrids. Basically, the government’s agenda – through initiatives such as the compulsory Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles – was to pump hundreds of millions of dollars into heady research projects and POOF! you’d have the auto industry equivalent to Kevin Costner’s Field of Dreams. Escape Hybrid is the first domestic gas-electric vehicle. “Build it and they will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.