North American vehicle manufacturers appear set to fall short of February build plans. Despite that, inventories will remain quite a bit higher than what current market conditions normally would dictate. Ward's estimates North American manufacturers will assemble 1.20 million vehicles in February, or 98.2% of what was planned for the month (see p.7 for complete data). The tally is about 24% below the 1.58 million units built in February 2000, a month that had one more working day because ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.