Based primarily on information obtained from the Illinois Corn Growers Assn. (ICGA), the genuine cost paid by motorists for corn-based, ethyl alcohol-blended gasoline should be close to $2.90 per gallon, if all subsidies, taxes, delivery, retail markup and energy content are calculated. The ICGA says the wholesale price of ethanol delivered to the Chicago area currently is $1.30 per gallon. As the first step, this translates into $2.13 on a gasoline energy equivalent basis. If one then ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.