JOHANNESBURG – South Africa's booming automotive industry, dominated by foreign auto makers such as DaimlerChrysler AG, Volkswagen AG and BMW AG, will benefit from the elimination of tariffs on exports to the European Union, South African car industry executives say. The EU and South Africa this month have reached an agreement to phase out all tariffs on South African automotive imports to EU member countries by 2010, bringing to an end five years of haggling over a trade deal. In turn, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.