PARIS – European leaders are considering measures to support their local auto industry amid the ever-worsening global economy. French President Nicolas Sarkozy, who is the current holder of the European Union’s 6-month rotating presidency, tells journalists the European Commission has been asked to develop a plan by Dec. 11 that will outline how governments and EU institutions can support their heavy-manufacturing industries, including the automotive sector. The request comes from the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.