The European Commission delays a decision on pursuing legal action again the German government and Volkswagen AG over shareholder laws that enable the government of the German state of Lower Saxony to override any potential takeover of the auto maker. Lower Saxony holds special “golden shares” in VW, which include a provision that gives it unilateral control to oppose any potential bids to acquire VW. The Commission contends the special share rules violate the European Union’s freedom of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.