MUMBAI – The rising euro is derailing German auto makers’ plans for India, forcing them to raise prices, while super luxury cars, such as the Bentley Arnage, confidently drive ahead. Super premium cars such as Bentley Arnage see a profit in India. “We don’t want to enter a business for the sake of volumes,” Says Hans Michael Huber, managing director and CEO, DaimlerChrysler India Ltd. “We want to be niche players, and every product has to be margin positive.” (See related story: ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.