Toyota Yaris wins Euro car of the year for '00 LONDON — Toyota Motor Corp.'s Yaris small car wins European Car of the Year for 2000. Some 55 automotive journalists from 20 countries in Europe chose the Yaris over the Fiat Multipla, General Motors Corp.'s Zafira, Skoda Fabia and Rover 75. This is the second Japanese vehicle to win the title since the award's conception in 1963. Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. won with its Micra in 1993. Toyota will begin making the Yaris in Valenciennes, France, in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.