Vauxhall wants euro soon as possible LONDON — Nick Reilly, chairman and managing director of Vauxhall Motors Ltd., wants the U.K. to adopt the euro as soon as possible. He says the move will safeguard jobs in the U.K., reduce costs, prevent handicaps against the U.K. by Continental companies and will help increase local investment. The government should work on an implementation plan now, he says, and not wait until after 2002 — the planned year for a referendum on the move. The U.K. has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.