Ford plans to double share with Fiesta FRANKFURT — Ford Motor Co. of Europe expects to double its market share in the European small car segment by 2003 with its new Fiesta model. The company now holds 7% of the segment and expects the new Fiesta to boost that share to between 12% and 13%. "We can’t see any reason why we can’t get that," Ford of Europe chief executive David Thursfield said. Ford plans to produce 255,000 Fiestas in 2001, with production ramping up to 280,000 units annually ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.