GM, Ford close plants in Poland, Russia VIENNA — General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. officially shutter small semi-knock-down (SKD) plants in Eastern Europe. General Motors Poland Sp. z o.o. closes its Warsaw assembly plant. Since 1994, 57,092 Opel cars were assembled in Warsaw, including 49,820 Opel Astras (1994-1998) and 7,272 Opel Vectras (1998-2000). GM will continue to operate its main Polish factory in Gliwice. Ford officially shuts down Ford Union, its joint venture plant in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.