BMW inks Russia deal MOSCOW — BMW AG signs a working agreement to assemble 5 series cars and Land Rover sport/utility vehicles in Kaliningrad. The automaker will build the vehicles with Avtodor starting this summer. About 10,000 vehicles will be assembled each year after an initial DM50 million (US$27.9 million) investment. BMW sold 940 cars in Russia in 1998, a 13% drop from year-ago. VW wants Rolls HAMBURG — Volkswagen AG wants to retain the Rolls-Royce brand name beyond 2003, when ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.