EC to probe Ford subsidies in Flanders BRUSSELS — The European Commission has launched a formal investigation into aid granted to Ford Motor Co. by Belgium's Flanders region, saying there are doubts about the necessity of the aid. The US$5.8 million in aid is to launch a new Transit van at the Ford plant in Genk. Ford is investing US$281.8 million to build the new model. Under EC rules, regional aid may be up to 10% of the company's investment. While Ford's aid is below that amount, the EC ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.