Fiat cancels SUV based on Mitsubishi Pinin TURIN — Fiat SpA pulls out of a joint venture with Mitsubishi Motors Corp. that would have had the Italian automaker launching a MMC-based small sport/utility vehicle (SUV) by June 2001. The project was one of the first to fall under pressure of the Fiat-General Motors Corp. alliance and the acquisition of a controlling stake into Mitsubishi by DaimlerChrysler AG. Industrie Pininfarina SpA was set to build the Fiat vehicle with chassis, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.