Ghosn meets with Blair, delays Micra decision LONDON — After meeting with British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. President Carlos Ghosn announces Nissan will wait six months to determine the production base of the new sub-compact Micra. Ghosn and other Nissan executives met with Blair to discuss the U.K.'s entry into the European Union's euro currency and a government aid package that would insure the next Micra will be built at Nissan's plant in Sunderland. At stake is a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.